January 1, 2012 - December 31, 2012
Hosted By: Bookish Ardour
What It’s All About
The Dystopia challenge is for those who love it and for those who have never tried it. From negative utopia to plain ol’ totalitarian, there’s much to love about Dystopia and many ways it can be written.
If you’re not sure what it is check out Diva Schuylers’s post and learn all about it, but for a quick run down think of unpleasant living situations, pure dystopia being when an entity or social force is involved, but you can think outside the circle with this one.
Here’s one of our Must Reads lists for some inspiration.
- Running Dates: 1st of January – 31st of December 2012
- When Can I Sign Up: All the way up to the last two weeks of December!
- Crossover Genres: Our Dystopia challenge also includes Post-Apocalypse and Ecotopia (environmentally dystopian).
- Mr Linky: To use the Mr Linky you’ll need to click on the graphic then enter your link. These will be updated and posted into this page every couple of weeks or so.
- Further Details: Crossover challenges are fine, you can change levels at any time, this is eBook, short story, and graphic novel friendly, and you don’t need a blog to join in (read further for details).
The How To
- Choose Your Level: These are listed further down and you can change levels at any time.
- Grab The Badge: Place it somewhere on your blog, profile, or in a signature where possible and link back (main page or this page, it’s up to you).
- Sign Up Post: Create a post on your blog, in a group, or on a forum (only if allowed) to let others see what you’re aiming for (a predefined list of books is optional).
- Link Up: Grab the direct URL to your sign up post, not your blog, click the Mr Linky graphic and enter your link!
- Blogless? Don’t worry, you can sign up with your social network profile (YouTube,Twitter, GoodReads, Shelfari included), just make sure you link to your review list, shelf, tweet, or category. If you don’t have any of those feel free to comment!
- Your Reviews: Reviewing is optional! But if you do review we’d love for you to share them by submitting them on the Review Page
- Finished: When you’re done it’s completion post time and you can share these on the Completion Post page.
- Asocial– Choose 5 books to read
- Contagion – Choose 15 books to read
- Soldier – Choose 30 books to read
- Drone – Choose 50 books to read
- Conditioned – Choose 75 books to read
- Brainwashed – Choose anywhere between 76-135 books to read
- Totalitarian – Choose anywhere between 136-200 books to read
If you feel like that extra kick to your reading challenges here’s several you can choose from.
- World: Choose a country as your theme, reading only books from that country or where it’s the setting. For how high you go you can choose more than one country;
- Level Asocial to Soldier: Choose one country
- Level Soldier to Conditioned: Choose two countries
- Level Conditioned to end of Brainwashed: Choose three countries
- Level Totalitarian: Choose four countries.
- Gender Battle: Read books only by female or male authors. Another alternative is to read equal amounts of both.
For now, my goal is to finish the Asocial level.
My Book List:
1) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
2) Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
3) Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
4) Divergent by Veronica Roth