Read-a-Thon Update 2 (Hour 12)

Saturday, April 9, 2011
Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now?
I just finished The Haunted by Jessica Verday, and I haven't quite decided which to read next.

2. How many books have you read so far?
I've finished 2 books and a total of 642 pages.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I wish I knew. I have so many I want to read that it's hard to pick the next one.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Nope. I let my boyfriend know yesterday and that was it.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
This year I am doing it much more relaxed than I did the last time. I'm only doing what I can without straining. The small interruptions only remind me to take breaks.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
I can't say that anything does really.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
At this point, no.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
I am actually feeling pretty good about how I'm going about it this year, but next time I might schedule in some time to go to a library or a public place to read too.

9. Are you getting tired yet?
Well, it's only 7pm here and so far my 4 hours of sleep is holding up okay!

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
I guess my best advice is to relax and enjoy the reading. Don't worry about whether or not you are reading fast enough.

4 comments:

Cass said...

You're doing great! Keep it up! :)

Becky said...

Going somewhere new in the middle of everything is a great idea. I thought the snow we had today would make the readathon a breeze, but about now I'm aching to get out and take a walk or something with my book. I'm not doing that with the snow though! Good luck as we head into the last nine hours! :)

Linda said...

I agree. I would have like to read a bit in a public place. It didn't work out for me this year but perhaps in October.

Kim (Sophisticated Dorkiness) said...

I like the idea of going to read in a public place for a change of scenery. I might do that next year!

Post a Comment

Thanks for any comments! I truly appreciate receiving them.

I reserve the right to remove any comments which I consider to be attacking another commenter's character or mine. I have no problem with debates and disagreements, but there is no reason to make personal attacks against another person for their views. I will also delete spam.