Good Morning (or Evening) Read-a-Thoners!

Saturday, April 9, 2011
How is your reading going? I am just starting. I knew I would never last even an hour if I woke up at 7am, so I slept another two hours. I will still probably take a nap in there somewhere since I did go to sleep at 5am! Anyway, this post is mostly to do the Welcome Meme and to set up some goals and a reading list.

Welcome Meme:

1)Where are you reading from today?
Missouri, US

2)Three random facts about me…
*I am taking a course on Piracy in the Americas over the summer.
*I have two cats; Angel is 10 and Zeke just turned 1.
*I have a bad habit of spending absolutely any extra money I get on books.

3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
Technically, I'm considering my whole collection fair game, but I've narrowed it down to about 20. However, I will never read that many.

4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
I would like to read at least 5 books. I'm not a particularly fast reader, so if I do more than that, I'll be thrilled. So far as hours, I expect I'll read for at least 15 hours if not more.

5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?
Well, I've done this once about a year ago. My only advice is do not feel guilty about taking a nap if you need it (or waking up late or going to bed). I was up the entire 24 hours, but my reading actually suffered because of it. I couldn't remember most of the details of the books. Which brings me to another thing. Write down some notes to remember thoughts on books if you are not writing reviews until after the Read-a-Thon is over.


Working Book List:
  1. My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent
  2. The Boy Next Door by Meg Cabot
  3. The Haunted by Jessica Verday
  4. Two for the Dough by Janet Evanovich
  5. The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
  6. Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow
  7. Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr
  8. The Eternal Ones by Kristen Miller
  9. See What I See by Gloria Whelan
  10. Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
  11. What Crazy Looks Like by Charlotte Hughes
  12. The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
  13. Lament by Maggie Stiefvater
  14. Ghostgirl by Tonya Hurley
  15. Much Ado About Marriage by Karen Hawkins
  16. Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs
  17. Dead Is a State of Mind by Marlene Perez
  18. The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett
  19. The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff
  20. Drought by Pam Bachorz
  21. Postmortem by Patricia Cornwell
  22. The Classic Slum by Robert Roberts (for a class)
  23. anything on my Kindle
Yeah, that's actually more than 20, but oh well.

EDIT: I meant to add that I have a Twitter account as well! @delicious_tales

2 comments:

Belle Wong said...

Happy reading!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Give me an R
Give me an E
Give me an A
Give me a D

What does it spell? READ!!

Piracy in the Americas sounds fascinating! Have a great day!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for any comments! I truly appreciate receiving them.

I reserve the right to remove any comments which I consider to be attacking another commenter's character or mine. I have no problem with debates and disagreements, but there is no reason to make personal attacks against another person for their views. I will also delete spam.