Month in Review - April 2011

Monday, May 2, 2011
This is where I post a wrap-up of books read and reviews posted each month. I also include a few goals for the coming month.

All things considered, it was a pretty good month for me. I hoped to read more than 10 books this month, but I am happy with them. I'd say I'm hoping for 20 books next month; however, I already know that is not going to be possible with finals and an intersession course. If I get another 10 read in May, then I will be a happy reader.

Books read:
*Links go to Goodreads*
  1. My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent
  2. The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
  3. The Haunted by Jessica Verday
  4. Dead Is a State of Mind by Marlene Perez
  5. The Classic Slum by Robert Roberts (read for class)
  6. The Boy Next Door by Meg Cabot
  7. Two for the Dough by Janet EvanovichLink
  8. Lost in the River of Grass by Ginny Rorby
  9. The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
  10. Midnight's Wild Passion by Anna Campbell
  11. Notes from a Small Island by Bill Bryson (read for class)
Reviews posted:
*Links go to my review*
  1. The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
  2. Dead Is a State of Mind by Marlene Perez
  3. The Haunted by Jessica Verday
  4. My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent
  5. Lost in the River of Grass by Ginny Rorby
  6. The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
  7. Midnight's Wild Passion by Anna Campbell
Reviews to write/post:
  1. Two for the Dough by Janet Evanovich
  2. The Boy Next Door by Meg Cabot
Reviews by rating:
  • 2 - 5 stars
  • 2 - 4 stars
  • 2 - 3 stars
  • 1 - 2 stars
Books on my reading list for May:
*Links go to Goodreads*
These are not necessarily to be read in this order.
  1. Sixteenth Summer by Michelle Dalton (for review)
  2. The Guardian by Margaret Mallory (for review)
  3. Ripe for Pleasure by Isobel Carr (for review)
  4. Three to Get Deadly by Janet Evanovich (own)
  5. What Looks Like Crazy by Charlotte Hughes (own)
  6. Mercy by Rebecca Lim (for review)
  7. One Night in Scotland by Karen Hawkins (own)
  8. Scandal in Scotland by Karen Hawkins (for review)
  9. The Summer Before Boys by Nora Raleigh Baskin (for review)
  10. Wrapped by Jennifer Bradbury (for review)
  11. The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney (library)
  12. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler (library)
  13. Epitaph Road by David Patneaude (library)
  14. Nomansland by Lesley Hauge (library)
  15. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han (library)
  16. Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey (library)
Other goals:
I want to leave comments on at least 5 book blogger's sites a day.

I want to redo my layout as well this month. I like this one, but now that I've had it for a month, I'm not sure it's really the right fit. It seems more YA than I would like considering I also review romance and mysteries. So, expect to see a different layout by the end of the month.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for any comments! I truly appreciate receiving them.

I reserve the right to remove any comments which I consider to be attacking another commenter's character or mine. I have no problem with debates and disagreements, but there is no reason to make personal attacks against another person for their views. I will also delete spam.