Book Beginnings on Friday (2)

Friday, May 20, 2011

Book Beginnings on Friday is a weekly meme that features the first line (or two) out of books you are currently reading.

This week my favorite is a tie between How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf and Matched. The first one is fun and intriguing while the second has a visual appeal. Mercy also makes me curious, but it's not quite as catching.


When a naked man shows up on your doorstep with a bear trap clamped around his ankle, it's best just to do what he asks.



















There's something very wrong with me. I can't remember who I am or how old I am, or even how I got here. All I know is that when I wake up, I could be any age and anyone, all over again.


















Now that I've found the way to fly, which direction should I go into the night? My wings aren't white or feathered; they're green, made of green silk, which shudders in the wind and bends when I move--first in a circle, then in a line, finally in a shape of my own invention.
















2 comments:

Jennifer A said...

I'm curious about How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf! I can't wait to see what you think about it when you're done.

The quote from Mercy is great! It makes the book sound really interesting! I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about this one too. :)

I loved Matched! I couldn't put it down. I know that some didn't like it as much, but it's a favorite of mine.

Jennifer of Little Shelf

Katy said...

Oh gosh, that cover on Mercy is gorgeous. Love it. I've seen the other books before, but this is the first time I've seen that one.

Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings!

Post a Comment

Thanks for any comments! I truly appreciate receiving them.

I reserve the right to remove any comments which I consider to be attacking another commenter's character or mine. I have no problem with debates and disagreements, but there is no reason to make personal attacks against another person for their views. I will also delete spam.