End of the Year Book Bucket List

Tuesday, September 16, 2014
There are roughly 15 weeks left in 2014. If I read about two books a week from now until then, I can get through 30 more books before the end of the year, putting my total books read this year at 55. I wanted to read one book a week for this year, for a minimum of 52 books. Life hasn't really let it work out that way. However, now I have more time on my hands. According to my Goodreads tracker, I am 12 books behind for the year. I think it's doable; a few weeks ago it said I was 25 books behind schedule, so I'm already catching up! I am posting a bucket list of books I would like to finish before the end of the year if possible. Several of them I already have checked out from the library, so I'm assuming I will get to them. There's also several that I own and have waited a long time to get around to reading. (Actually to be honest, most of the books I own I'm still waiting to get around to reading!) They are listed in no particular order, definitely not the order I will read them in. How many books do you want to read before the end of the year? Do you have a list of books in mind?

1) Much Ado About Marriage by Karen Hawkins
2) The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa
3) Contagious by Scott Sigler
4) A Werewolf in Manhattan by Vicki Lewis Thompson
5) Lament by Maggie Stiefvater
6) Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep
7) Prodigal Son by Dean Koontz
8) The Shining by Stephen King
9) The Laird by Grace Burrowes
10) Lock In by John Scalzi
11) Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson
12) The Devil in Denim by Melanie Scott
13) The Iron Hunt by Marjorie M Liu
14) Tainted by Julie Kenner
15) Ready Player One by Ernest Cline - SKIPPED
16) The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
17) A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
18) The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley
19) He's Gone by Deb Caletti
20) The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater (actually the first 3 books - ARC)
21) Symbiont by Mira Grant
22) The Black Echo by Michael Connelly
23) The Beautiful Ashes by Jeaniene Frost
24) Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld
25) Think Eat Move Thrive by Dr. James Rouse
26) Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb
27) The Moment of Everything by Shelly King (ARC)
28) The Vault of Dreamers by Caragh M O'Brien (ARC)
29) Moonlight Raider by Amanda Scott (ARC)
30) Floating Boy and the Girl Who Couldn't Fly by Jones & Tremblay (ARC)
31) Bathing the Lion by Jonathan Carroll (ARC)
32) Fragile World by Paula Treick DeBoard (ARC)
33) In the Heart of the Dark Wood by Billy Coffey (ARC)
34) Whatever Life Throws at You by Julie Cross (ARC)
35) Shelter Mountain by Robyn Carr
36) Chasing Perfect by Susan Mallery

There are more than 30 on the list because every list needs a few extras in case some are DNF or I turn out to be more ambitious than I planned.


                                                          

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for any comments! I truly appreciate receiving them.

I reserve the right to remove any comments which I consider to be attacking another commenter's character or mine. I have no problem with debates and disagreements, but there is no reason to make personal attacks against another person for their views. I will also delete spam.